Sunday 10 April 2016

Repurposing children's books

I love vintage illustrations.  Every time I go to an op shop I scour the children's book section for vintage little golden books and other books.  So I have ended up with quite a collection.  Recently I was tired of all the boxes of stuff (not just books) in the shed so I decided I would cull them and donate them to my local church op shop.

For some reason though I decided to Google things to do with old books and came across some sites where people had used children's books to make cards or gift tags. So I thought I would keep some of the books and give it a go.  I felt a bit guilty tearing up a book, but I felt some of the illustrations are too cute for me to let go of.  So this is some of the stuff I've created so far.  I bought cheap pre-cut cards and envelopes from Target as I wasn't sure how I would go with it and whether I'd want to do it, but so far I'm having fun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment