Friday 15 April 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch #168

My 2nd attempt at a sketch.

The design:


 
 
and my attempt:
 
 
 
Supplies:

 
Stampin' Up Whisper White Cardstock
Amy Tangerine papers
 
 
I actually tried to come up with something last night and it was a disaster. A glue disaster which ruined the paper, but then I wasn't happy with the layout anyway and thought, "that's it, I'm giving up, I can't do this cardmarking stuff".  But thought I'd attempt it again today.  Still not entirely thrilled.  Are people just born crafty?  Or is everyone average to begin with and coming up with a design/idea gets easier the more you do?
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty & fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. Don't give up! Yes, everyone starts off as a learner and gets better over time. The more you join in challenges and gather ideas from others, the easier it becomes. Remember, most bloggers only share the cards they're happy with, which means the learners don't get to see the ones that go into the bin. It took me a while to find my own style (a couple of years). The more craft/art you do, the easier it is and the more confident you become. Thanks for joining CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I'm an impatient person and am hard on myself, so when something doesn't come together straight away I get discouraged. I actually didn't start out with the intention of using stamps etc, I just wanted to make cards from old children's books which I've been doing, so googling that I came across so many sites, and a few weeks later I've got a big shot, stamps, heaps of paper etc, so I better not give up!

      Delete
  3. I think you did a great job! I look back at cards I made early in my cardmaking hobby and I wonder what in the world I was thinking. Ha ha! It just takes awhile to find your style. I think you are off to great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy. I've been looking at heaps of blogs and seeing such great stuff, but all different styles, so I can understand your comment that it takes a while to find your style. And I guess also to learn different techniques and perfect them. I wouldn't mind seeing mistakes, because then I might feel no one's perfect and maybe I should give it a try.

      Delete