Friday 6 May 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch #171

This week's sketch, found here:





Edit:  Redux



Last night I was looking at what I first came up with and I wasn't liking it, so I deleted my submission and reworked it slightly.  I've kept the original below. It felt really flimsy and like it was lacking something.  Wasn't liking the Very Vanilla background.

I matted it on to Stampin' Up Berry Bliss Card stock and then glued that on to Crumb Cake notecards. 

Supplies:
Stampin' Up Very Vanilla and Berry Bliss cardstock
Stampin' Up Berry Bliss cardstock
Stampin' Up Crumb Cake Notecard
Stampin' Up Flower Shop and Tap, Tap, Tap stamp sets
Stampin' Up 2014-2016 In Color Designer Washi Tape
Stampin' Up Berry Bliss ink pad
Stampin' Up dimensionals



Original

This time I grabbed the image on the Facebook page and chose not to look at the blog and the team's creations first.  I don't know whether it's a beginner thing, but I find I take the sketch quite literal ie the flower being a flower.

When I saw it I really wished I had some grungy stamps that I could use for the rectangle and the paint splatters and then just stamp a flower.  I've got my eye on a couple of Stampin' Up sets so I think I'll just have to buy them (gee this card making caper gets expensive).  But I don't have them yet so this is what I came up with:



I used Very Vanilla cardstock this time, so it was a bit hard to photograph.  And I had trouble stamping such a teeny message with a little block, my hand rocked a bit so the "my" is a bit smudged.

Supplies:
Stampin' Up Very Vanilla cardstock
Stampin' Up Flower Shop and Tap, Tap, Tap stamp sets
Stampin' Up 2014-2016 In Color Designer Washi Tape
Stampin' Up Berry Bliss ink pad



2 comments:

  1. I love your pretty mix of patterns! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Jodi!
    Thanks for joining CTS!

    ReplyDelete