Sunday 12 June 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch #176

This week's sketch:





I had this vision of using the Stampin' Up! Six Sided Sampler stamp.  Well I couldn't get them to line up neatly so then I thought I would use one of the stamps and colour it with ink and the Aqua Painter, punch them using the Hexagon Punch, then mount it on Whisper White cardstock and then stick on a Crumb Cake notecard.  It looked good in my head but it didn't turn out what I expected. The watercolour paper I have was quite a different white to the Whisper White and it looked terrible. So I cut around it.  And I hate that too.  But here it is, in all it's averageness.



I'm thinking of giving this up; it's an expensive hobby especially when you don't feel like a creative person and nothing really turns out how you envisage it.  It started because I wanted to just use up my vintage kids books - I never meant to get into stamps etc. Fools rush in... 

Or maybe I should try some card-making classes. Don't know.


Supplies:
Stampin' Up! Whisper White Cardstock
Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake Notecards
Stampin' Up! inks - Lost Lagoon, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey.
Stampin' Up! Six Sided Sampler stamp set
Stampin' Up! Hexagon Punch.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is so fun! I love how you rotated the sketch!

    ReplyDelete